"Blocko Style" refers to the slightly cartoony, boxish beveled look that is unique to Blockland
. It is derived from the looks of default Add-Ons
Tips on being "Blocko"
- Keep your model simple-looking. It can mean low-poly, but sometimes you have to invest some extra polygons for a neater mesh and a better look.
- Avoid triangulation. You can do that by either making the edges co-planar or using smoothing groups.
- Avoid huge smoothshaded mess.
- Do make use of the transparent black textures and whiteCheck for adding detail.
- Avoid using real-life textures. Go for simple recolourable meshes instead.